Here I gather a list of statistical and non-statistical references on the Lambert W function.
Links are in no particular order (yet). The number in parenthesis gives the year of the version I could find; it’s not the current state of the linked work.
If any link is broken, please email me so I can fix it.
- Skewed Lambert W distribution – my work on introducing and removing skewness via Lambert’s W function (also at Annals of Applied Statistics).
- Heavy-tailed Lambert W distribution (Gaussianizing data, inverse of Tukey’s h transformation)
- Website of Corless including:
- Algebraic properties of the Lambert W Function from a result of Rosenlicht and of Liouville (2006)
- The Lambert W function and quantum statistics (2011)
- Applications of the Lambert W function (2011) – another statistical application of Lambert’s W
- Wikipedia on Lambert W
- Having Fun with Lambert W(x) Function (2009)
- W-ology by Keith Briggs – an informal summary of Lambert’s W function and related links
- Lambert W Function for Applications in Physics (2010)
- Euler, Lambert, and the Lambert W function today (2008)
- Numerical Evaluation of the Lambert W Function and Application to Generation of Generalized Gaussian Noise With Exponent 1/2 (2002)
- Nice Poster on Lambert W in Physics & Engineering (2007)
- Analytic root locus and Lambert W function in control of a process with time delay (2011)
- Some applications of the Lambert W function to classical statistical mechanics (2003)